The days of choosing between plain, pepperoni or mushroom pizza is over. Now you can walk into any pizzeria and expect an array of slice choices like buffalo chicken, vegetable, three cheese… some say five cheese!
Specialty pizzas are sweeping the nation and goal of many pizzerias is to one-up their competition. At Palermo’s Cafe & Bakery we offer over 20 different kinds of specialty pizzas made with fresh ingredients from our wood fire oven. We did some research and found ten specialty pizzas that we know you’ve never had the chance to eat!
10. The Saint Louie – Ingredients: Provel(processed blend of Swiss, cheddar, and provolone), pickled chilis, pepperoni, and Italian sausage
9. Pizzucca – Ingredients: Pumpkin-walnut puree sauce, pancetta, parmigiana & fresh mozzarella
8. La Savoyarde – Ingredients: Heavy cream sauce, caramelized onions and crispy bacon
7. The Newman – Ingredients: Cornmeal crust, zesty pizza sauce, mix of ground up sopressata and sweet Italian sausage topped with creamy ricotta
6. Brussels Sprouts – Ingredients: Brussels sprouts, smoky pancetta, pecorino cheese and creamy fior di latte
5. Cherry Jones – Ingredients: Creamy fior di latte, gorgonzola cheese, cherries, orange blossom honey and topped with salty prosciutto di parma
4. Culo di Porko – Ingredients: Oblong pizza crust with pizza sauce, fried prosciutto, red onions and scallions
3. Cauliflower Pizza – Ingredients: Cauliflower, roasted garlic, tiny pieces of green olives and a heavy layer of parmigiano-reggiano
2. Baked Potato – Ingredients: Baked potato, cheddar cheese, crisps of Peruvian purple potato and bacon and blanketed with crème fraîch
1. Clam Pie – Ingredients: Buttery blend of sweet clams, parsley, dab of chili and mozzarella